From: Bobby J. on
Are there C# DLLs in VS05/08 to communicate with Bluetooth devices? If so,
will they work with both PC and Mobile (CF) applications?
From: " ctacke/>" on
Check out www.32feet.net

--

Chris Tacke, eMVP
Join the Embedded Developer Community

From: Bobby J. on
Thanks. This is what I was looking for. I was able to find device that I
want to communicate with. Another question... I have a hardware device with
a class I created that passes in the serial port to use with the
communication. Is it possible to use the InTheHand.Net DLLs to determine
what serial port the Bluetooth device is so I can pass that port into my
class for communication? Thanks again.

From: Peter Foot on
You can manually create a virtual COM port for a device using the
InTheHand.Net,Ports.BluetoothSerialPort class. The port name must not
already be in use. At the moment the library doesn't interact with the COM
port settings found in the Control Panel on Windows Mobile 5.0 and above.
This will be in a future version and part of this work is in the latest
source code (http://codeplex.com/32feet/)

Peter

--
Peter Foot
Microsoft Device Application Development MVP

From: Bobby J. on
I found the BluetoothSerialPort under the CE assembly. Why does the assembly
for XP not include this? Will there be one assembly released that will work
on both XP and Mobile devices in the future?