From: marshur on
In my Bluetooth options, when i click 'turn discovery on' and click apply or
OK I get the error message: An error occurred while Windows was saving your
settings. The following settings were not saved:
Discoverability settings
Connection settings

So my Bluetooth is not reconized because the discovery option will not stay
checked.

From: User Friendly on
marshur wrote:

> In my Bluetooth options, when i click 'turn discovery on' and click apply or
> OK I get the error message: An error occurred while Windows was saving your
> settings. The following settings were not saved:
> Discoverability settings
> Connection settings
>
> So my Bluetooth is not reconized because the discovery option will not stay
> checked.

I am no expert, but have had vexing issues with bluetooth
setup, I offer as follows. I will assume that you have a
bluetooth card, or onboard bluetooth hardware on your
machine. If so, the issue may be conflicting software.
Windows itself has a bluetooth manager. Cards and other
devices come with their own bluetooth management (not to be
confused with hardware device managers). I would suggest
deleting other bluetooth software managers, leaving only the
Win XP native bluetooth. Consider reinstalling the device
drivers for your bluetooth transceiver. Consult the |system|
hardware | device manager for yellow and red error signals,
troubleshoot or delete the errant bluetooth device and start
again, taking care to NOT install any bluetooth software
(drivers yes, management software no (except for Win XP).
Does this help?