From: Josh Cheek on

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 7:01 AM, Peter Hickman <
peterhickman386(a)googlemail.com> wrote:

> Sorry I don't know why Gmail is posting things twice

Gmail shows you your post in a thread. The mailing list sends everyone on
the list every message, so you also receive the message you sent, which
gmail also adds to the thread. I think there is an option to tell the list
to not send you emails that you have written, but I like to have it as a
confirmation that my post was sent.

The point is, you are the only one who sees two posts, the one you sent, and
the one you received.