From: Walter Goldschmidt on
I replaced my internal hard drive in my computer and everything is fine
there. My problem is when I backed up my data from old hard drive I messed
up when backing up my saved email. Now I want to retrieve this information
from the old hard drive so I bought an external case and put old drive in
it. Now I can plug it into the USB port on my old computer and access it. I
thought I would be able to boot my old computer from the USB port but it
only allows me to boot from A\, C\, or the D\ (CD Drive). Not the USB port.
On a newer computer I would have been able to boot from the USB port but
when I tried it said there was different hardware detected and it would not
allow my new computer to boot from the old drive. Is there any way for me to
get my old email messages from my old drive.

Walt

From: LVTravel on

"Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold(a)woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> I replaced my internal hard drive in my computer and everything is fine
> there. My problem is when I backed up my data from old hard drive I messed
> up when backing up my saved email. Now I want to retrieve this information
> from the old hard drive so I bought an external case and put old drive in
> it. Now I can plug it into the USB port on my old computer and access it.
> I thought I would be able to boot my old computer from the USB port but it
> only allows me to boot from A\, C\, or the D\ (CD Drive). Not the USB
> port. On a newer computer I would have been able to boot from the USB port
> but when I tried it said there was different hardware detected and it
> would not allow my new computer to boot from the old drive. Is there any
> way for me to get my old email messages from my old drive.
>
> Walt

Email program used originally?

Pages: 1
Prev: Computer won't boot