From: Dave Mc on
I have an HP desktop about a month old. It came Office Ready but I did not
want 2007 so I uninstalled 2007 and anything to do with SQL. I installed
2003. Now. when the boot process gets to the point where the user can login,
it reboots--same in safe mode. However when I F8 and use Last know good
configuration, it boots up OK. But then when I restart normally, it goes
into the endless reboot loop. I also turned off the restart option to get a
bsod but it does not bsod, it just reboots.
Any ideas ?
From: John Wunderlich on
=?Utf-8?B?RGF2ZSBNYw==?= <DaveMc(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> I have an HP desktop about a month old. It came Office Ready but
> I did not want 2007 so I uninstalled 2007 and anything to do with
> SQL. I installed 2003. Now. when the boot process gets to the
> point where the user can login, it reboots--same in safe mode.
> However when I F8 and use Last know good configuration, it boots
> up OK. But then when I restart normally, it goes into the
> endless reboot loop. I also turned off the restart option to get
> a bsod but it does not bsod, it just reboots.
> Any ideas ?

Try booting up in Last Known Configuration then do a System Restore to
a point in time before you had your problem

Start->Programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore

HTH,
John
From: DL on
You bought an HP system last month with winxp preinstalled?

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"Dave Mc" <DaveMc(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an HP desktop about a month old. It came Office Ready but I did
> not
> want 2007 so I uninstalled 2007 and anything to do with SQL. I installed
> 2003. Now. when the boot process gets to the point where the user can
> login,
> it reboots--same in safe mode. However when I F8 and use Last know good
> configuration, it boots up OK. But then when I restart normally, it goes
> into the endless reboot loop. I also turned off the restart option to get
> bsod but it does not bsod, it just reboots.
> Any ideas ?

I think you did the wrong thing by dropping Windows 7. Apart from this, what
exactly do you mean with "I uninstalled 2007"? Did you format the disk or
did you install Server 2003 over the top of Windows 7?

From: Lem on
Dave Mc wrote:
> I have an HP desktop about a month old. It came Office Ready but I did not
> want 2007 so I uninstalled 2007 and anything to do with SQL. I installed
> 2003. Now. when the boot process gets to the point where the user can login,
> it reboots--same in safe mode. However when I F8 and use Last know good
> configuration, it boots up OK. But then when I restart normally, it goes
> into the endless reboot loop. I also turned off the restart option to get a
> bsod but it does not bsod, it just reboots.
> Any ideas ?

If I understand you correctly, you have a new computer with an
unspecified version of Windows that was pre-loaded with a trial version
of Microsoft Office 2007. I understand uninstalling the trial version
of Office 2007, but what do you mean by "anything to do with SQL?" If
you just went through the disk deleting random files because you thought
they might have some relation to SQL, your best bet is to boot into
whatever works, copy all your data files to some external medium, and
then use whatever mechanism HP supplied to restore the computer to its
out-of-the-box state.

As you can see from the earlier posts, people have difficulty
understanding your situation. For more focused help, please provide a
more detailed explanation of your system and what you did to it.

--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago: