From: BigJ1965 on
When I try to print an email, I get the message "MicroSoft Outlook has
encountered a problem and must be closed" "Send - Don't Send". What is the
problem here?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"BigJ1965" <BigJ1965(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I try to print an email, I get the message "MicroSoft Outlook has
> encountered a problem and must be closed" "Send - Don't Send". What is the
> problem here?

While I don't know this is the cause in your case, there are some printer
drivers, mostly Lexmark (which are OEMed by Dell, so Dell printers also fall
in this category) that seem significantly incompatible with Outlook. Don't
ask me why because I don't know. If this were happening to me I'd first check
the printer vendor's web site for the most recent drivers. If that didn't
solve the problem, I'd install a PDF driver like CutePDF and print to that,
then print from Adobe Reader to the printer.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: VanguardLH on
BigJ1965 wrote:

> When I try to print an email, I get the message "MicroSoft Outlook has
> encountered a problem and must be closed" "Send - Don't Send". What is the
> problem here?

Same thing happen when you run Outlook in its safe mode?

outlook.exe /safe