From: Doug on
Will S wrote:
> Well you could try a boot manager like GAG from http://gag.sourceforge.net/
>
> I havent tried it yet but when I get my SSD I am going to use it

Thanks for that Wills. I have now downloaded it and will see what it can do.

Doug.
From: Will S on

"Doug" <dougea(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> Will S wrote:
>> Well you could try a boot manager like GAG from
>> http://gag.sourceforge.net/
>>
>> I havent tried it yet but when I get my SSD I am going to use it
>>
> Thanks for that Wills. I have now downloaded it and will see what it can
> do.
>
> Doug.

Have found a problem, apparently when installed on seperate hard drives it
can trigger your av program and show as a virus program

Anyway I found a simple work around that I missed, my motherboard has a hard
drive manager, when I press f12 I can then select what hard drive to boot
from

From: Doug on
Doc Shenley wrote:

>>> I still don't understand how you managed to install xp to the external if
>>> you can't boot from it?
>> I removed the "C" hard drive and installed XP on the external which the
>> cmos setup hard disk boot priority list showed as USB-HDD0-Maxtor Basics
>> Portable, it just loaded OK, I don't know how.
>
> This shows clearly that your board is capable of booting the drive. Boot
> with the drive plugged in and press Del to go into the BIOS. Tab to the
> BOOT section and tab to the hard drives. The external should be listed with
> any other hard drives you have installed. Tab to the external and do the
> plus-minus stuff until the external is at the top (or number 1). Continue
> the boot and it should boot from your external.

I have now had to use the external for backups and will have to wait
until I
can get another drive to be able to carry out your instructions. When
that happens
I will let you know the outcome.

Doug.

From: Doc Shenley on

> Doc Shenley wrote:

>>> I removed the "C" hard drive and installed XP on the external which the
>>> cmos setup hard disk boot priority list showed as USB-HDD0-Maxtor Basics
>>> Portable, it just loaded OK, I don't know how.
>>
>> This shows clearly that your board is capable of booting the drive. Boot
>> with the drive plugged in and press Del to go into the BIOS. Tab to the
>> BOOT section and tab to the hard drives. The external should be listed
>> with any other hard drives you have installed. Tab to the external and
>> do the plus-minus stuff until the external is at the top (or number 1).
>> Continue the boot and it should boot from your external.
>
> I have now had to use the external for backups and will have to wait until
> can get another drive to be able to carry out your instructions. When that
> happens
> I will let you know the outcome.

If it works, don't forget to reset the bios to your main hard drive BEFORE
you disconnect the external. Otherwise, as I did, you might lock up the
bios. In which case you may have to remove the battery and do a bios reset.

> Doug.

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Projector for wildlife talks