From: Peter Huebner on
In article <a2a9a2d9-b750-4eda-b164-
e258fad36d7a(a)e27g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>, rander3127(a)gmail.com says...

> BBC:
>
> Photographers' terror law protest

It's disgraceful. I saw first signs of this when, shortly after first
coming into power, Blair and Brown tabled a proposal to allow the police
to indiscriminately read everybody's email, and requiring ISP to keep
records of all their customers' activities for the plods to peruse at
will. (nb: you need a judge to ok reading somebody's snail mail or
tapping their phone; sooo .... ?!?)

I was wondering at the time why there wasn't a huge outcry in Britain.

These guys are on the path to make George Orwell's 1984 come true. Evil
bastards, the both of them, I'm sure a lot of ex-Stasi agents are
looking on with envy (too late for the ex-Gestapo guys; they're gone).
They're working hard to abolish the freedom and security that they're
claiming to protect. {shudder}

-P.