From: seth1257 on
I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd,
crw and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to
another directory.

Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single
DVD holds.

I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved
or copied.
From: seth1257 on
On Jan 23, 2:16 pm, seth1257 <buschfc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd,
> crw and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to
> another directory.
>
>  Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
> for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
> files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single
> DVD holds.
>
> I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved
> or copied.

Forgot to mention, system is a dual boot XP and Win 7.
From: Richard on

"seth1257" <buschfc777(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd,
> crw and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to
> another directory.
>
> Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
> for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
> files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single
> DVD holds.
>
> I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved
> or copied.

Dsynchronize... I find it extremely useful.

DSynchronize is a stand-alone utility that let you periodically synchronize
two or more folders on Hard Disk, Floppy Disk, LAN, USB Key, CD-DVD (with
packet writing software) and FTP server.

It is also possible to specify the time and the day to schedule the
synchronization to run, and to create some additional "filters" for other
factors.

Real-Time sync is also supported.

From here:
http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/
This will do what you want, and a whole lot more.

HTH

Richard

From: Robert Spanjaard on
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:16:13 -0800, seth1257 wrote:

> I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd, crw
> and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to another
> directory.
>
> Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
> for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
> files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single DVD
> holds.
>
> I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved or
> copied.

If you know the extensions, even Windows Explorer can do the job IIRC.
Search for *.jpg, *.tif etc, and drag the results to wherever you want
them.

--
Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
From: J�rgen Exner on
seth1257 <buschfc777(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>On Jan 23, 2:16�pm, seth1257 <buschfc...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd,
>> crw and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to
>> another directory.
>>
>> �Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
>> for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
>> files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single
>> DVD holds.
>>
>> I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved
>> or copied.
>
>Forgot to mention, system is a dual boot XP and Win 7.

I was about to ask which OS. On Windows why not just search for files
with the desired extension and then Cut-n-Paste them to wherever you
want them?

jue