From: Peter on
"Robert Spanjaard" <spamtrap(a)arumes.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:16:13 -0800, seth1257 wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd, crw
>> and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to another
>> directory.
>>
>> Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
>> for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
>> files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single DVD
>> holds.
>>
>> I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved or
>> copied.
>
> If you know the extensions, even Windows Explorer can do the job IIRC.
> Search for *.jpg, *.tif etc, and drag the results to wherever you want
> them.
>

> --
> Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com

You don't even have to drag. Just ctrl + A > ctrl C, then at your
destination ctrl + v

--
Peter

From: ray on
On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:16:13 -0800, seth1257 wrote:

> I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd, crw
> and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to another
> directory.
>
> Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
> for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
> files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single DVD
> holds.
>
> I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved or
> copied.

'find' on a Linux system will do that very easily.
From: seth1066 on
On Jan 23, 2:39 pm, "Peter" <peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
> "Robert Spanjaard" <spamt...(a)arumes.com> wrote in message

> > On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 11:16:13 -0800, seth1257 wrote:
>
> >> I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd, crw
> >> and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to another
> >> directory.
>
> >>  Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
> >> for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
> >> files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single DVD
> >> holds.
>
> >> I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved or
> >> copied.
>
> > If you know the extensions, even Windows Explorer can do the job IIRC.
> > Search for *.jpg, *.tif etc, and drag the results to wherever you want
> > them.
>
> > --
> > Regards, Robert                                      http://www.arumes.com
>
> You don't even have to drag. Just ctrl + A > ctrl C, then at your
> destination ctrl + v
>
> --
> Peter

Should have mentioned that I tried that first. You can find all the
files on each disk, but Windows Explorer freezes when trying to copy
and paste probably 38G of data. I suppose I could do it in sections;
you would have to write down every point in the list, then paste and
then comeback and find that exact list point, etc.

This is for a friend and I can't afford to spend a lot of time on it
at the moment, so I was hoping for a more automated solution.
From: seth1066 on
On Jan 23, 2:21 pm, "Richard" <smith...(a)btinternet.com.invalid> wrote:
> "seth1257" <buschfc...(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd,
> > crw and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to
> > another directory.
>
> > Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
> > for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
> > files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single
> > DVD holds.
>
> > I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved
> > or copied.
>
> Dsynchronize... I find it extremely useful.
>
> DSynchronize is a stand-alone utility that let you periodically synchronize
> two or more folders on Hard Disk, Floppy Disk, LAN, USB Key, CD-DVD (with
> packet writing software) and FTP server.
>
> It is also possible to specify the time and the day to schedule the
> synchronization to run, and to create some additional "filters" for other
> factors.
>
> Real-Time sync is also supported.
>
> From here:http://dimio.altervista.org/eng/
> This will do what you want, and a whole lot more.
>
> HTH
>
> Richard

Nice program (similar to SyncToy), but it only syncs folder to folder,
these image files a re scattered all over different folders and
multiple discs.
From: peter on
seth1066 wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2:39 pm, "Peter"<peter...(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>> "Robert Spanjaard"<spamt...(a)arumes.com> wrote in message

>>> If you know the extensions, even Windows Explorer can do the job IIRC.
>>> Search for *.jpg, *.tif etc, and drag the results to wherever you want
>>> them.
>>
>>> --
>>> Regards, Robert http://www.arumes.com
>>
>> You don't even have to drag. Just ctrl + A> ctrl C, then at your
>> destination ctrl + v
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>
> Should have mentioned that I tried that first. You can find all the
> files on each disk, but Windows Explorer freezes when trying to copy
> and paste probably 38G of data. I suppose I could do it in sections;
> you would have to write down every point in the list, then paste and
> then comeback and find that exact list point, etc.
>
> This is for a friend and I can't afford to spend a lot of time on it
> at the moment, so I was hoping for a more automated solution.

Did you try folder by folder.

--
Peter
No good deed goes unpunished