From: J�rgen Exner on
seth1066 <rblasdel(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>> > If you know the extensions, even Windows Explorer can do the job IIRC.
>> > Search for *.jpg, *.tif etc, and drag the results to wherever you want
>> > them.
>
>Should have mentioned that I tried that first. You can find all the
>files on each disk, but Windows Explorer freezes when trying to copy
>and paste probably 38G of data.

How long did you wait? Might just be darn slow because of swapping all
the time. Did you try running the copy over night?

>This is for a friend and I can't afford to spend a lot of time on it
>at the moment, so I was hoping for a more automated solution.

The find utility works great for that kind of job. Standard with any
unixoid OS, but also available for free for Windows from several
sources, including Cygwin and Microsoft's own Services for Unix package.

jue
From: Chris Malcolm on
seth1257 <buschfc777(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to find a program that will find all the jpg, tiff, psd,
> crw and nef files on several drives and relocate or copy them to
> another directory.

> Freeware or donateware would be preferable, but at this point, a paid
> for program would be fine. I know Verbatim has a DVD that finds the
> files and puts them on the DVD but there are more gigs than a single
> DVD holds.

> I'd even settle for just the jpg and tif files being found and moved
> or copied.

Picasa will do that.

--
Chris Malcolm