From: Bill Gross on
How do you reconcile your brokerage accounts in quicken with the
monthy statements for the broker.
From: Andrew on
Bill Gross wrote:
> How do you reconcile your brokerage accounts in quicken with the
> monthy statements for the broker.

I don't. For every company I deal with (Schwab, TR Price, Vanguard) they
have Q download capability and I let the computer worry about it. I just
make sure the subtotals and bottom line numbers (such as number of shares,
total dollar values held, etc.) match at the end of each reporting period.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: Bob Wang on
Bill:
My brokerage accounts have a "Cash Management" feature.
I keep the cash transactions part as a separate register by using the "Show
cash in a checking account" option.

I reconcile that cash account to the cash balance in my brokerage account.
Bob

From: Jerry Boyle on

"Bob Wang" <BobWangBlog(a)Gmail.com> wrote in message
> Bill:
> My brokerage accounts have a "Cash Management" feature.
> I keep the cash transactions part as a separate register by using the
> "Show
> cash in a checking account" option.
>
> I reconcile that cash account to the cash balance in my brokerage account.
> Bob

Bob,

Is your method approved by the Inuits? :-)

From: Bob Wang on
As long as I keep the sled dogs outside the igloo ;-)