From: w on
Using Quicken 2009 Deluxe, on a PC.

Would like some help please. My wife's company, at the beginning of
this year, offered up a Roth 401k option. We eagerly took it. The
same contributions which used to go into her 401k now instead go into
her Roth 401k. But I am having a problem tracking these in Quicken.
We used to get a statement for just the 401k, without shares; only
totals for each fund in the 401k. That was fine, as I would,
quarterly, update the 401k totals. But now 100% of the contributions
go into the Roth 401k, and the statements give only a total for BOTH
accounts. So whereas before I got a 401k total of, say, $10,000, now
I get a statement with contributions to-date (into the Roth 401k), but
only a TOTAL amount of, say $15,000, including both the previous 401k
contributions and earnings, and the current Roth 401k contributions
and earnings. This is broken out by fund, but NOT by 401k vs. Roth
401k.

Any thoughts? I was fully prepared in Quicken and had set up a
separate Roth 401k account into which her contributions now go
directly from her paycheck. But the statements don’t let me reconcile
each account separately every quarter. Only together, however I do
that. That sucks!

Anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks in advance for any help.