From: fabius on
Yesterday I have received from Brooks technical support the application for the reconfiguration of the 0154.
It is a simple program that rename the Tag name of each channel in 0154.
Anyway I have yet  resolved the problem following the instruction
of Brooks technical support; I rename manually the tag name
by using the relative Item# cited in the SmartDDE Operation Manual (more precisely the Item #12).
It was enough to rename each channel from CHANNEL1 to CHANNEL5 and so on until CHANNEL8.
I used a simple communication program in labview to read/write a specific Item# on a specific com port.
I was very surprised by the simpleness of the solution and the prompt answers of the Brooks technical support.
However I want to thank you all for your replies and I hope it can be useful for anybody that has the same problem.
From: Ben on
Thanks for the update!
Ben