From: WendyK on
Hello All

I am trying to link a series of forms in a simple student database and I am
a newbie to this stuff. I would like to be able to insert a button on the
form for biographical information that then saves and opens a program
information form and so on. This would not be a very large database (n<100).
I cannot find anything online that will show me a sample macro coding for
this type of button. Help is greatly appreciated.

Wendy
From: Marshall Barton on
WendyK wrote:
>I am trying to link a series of forms in a simple student database and I am
>a newbie to this stuff. I would like to be able to insert a button on the
>form for biographical information that then saves and opens a program
>information form and so on. This would not be a very large database (n<100).
> I cannot find anything online that will show me a sample macro coding for
>this type of button.

The VBA code in the button's Click event procedure could
look like:

If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False ' save current record
DoCmd.OpenForm "nextform"

For several reasons, I don't use macros, but I'll bet that
the equivalent actions can be done.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]