From: tkelly on
I have built a spreadsheet in 2003 with macros, advanced filtering and
vlookups. I open it 2007 compatibility mode, but have found as I develop the
spreadsheet further I am being warned of more compatibility issues. I need
to be able to use all the 2007 features to move forward so how do I convert
what I already have from 2003 to 2007? Is it as simple as changing the Save
As format to Macro Enabled Workbook? I don't want to re-create everything.
Thanks!
From: Don Guillett on
xl2003 should be able to be forward compatible whereas 2007 may ?? NOT be
backward compatible.
You should?? be able to just save as an .xlsM file>close>reopen in xl2007.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

From: Gord Dibben on
Should be as easy as Save as 2007 macro-enabled workbook.....*.xlsm

What compatibility issues are you being warned about?

Do you have some specific messages you could post?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: tkelly on
The compantibility messages were delivered when I was opening .xls format in
2007 compantibility mode and using the conditional formatting options
available in 2007 then saving as .xls.
Since posting the original question I changed the file format to .xlsm and
have not received any compatability notifications.
I have ran my macros and they are working so I guess I am good.
Thanks for confirming that it is as simple as a change of file format.

From: Gord Dibben on
The error messages when saving as *.xls would be expected when using 2007
features that are not available in 2003.

So now you have saved in 2007 format you're OK as you have found.

Thanks for the feedback.

Gord