From: Jim on
A while ago I seem to recall someone saying that Burn.app
(http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net) didn't work under 10.6.x - it would
get so far and bomb out with some error.

I've just used to it burn an AVI to disk without any problems. It
transcoded it to MPEG2, then burned it without problems. The only thing
I did differently was to switch off the use of a menu (go to
Preferences, Video->DVD and untick 'Use DVD Theme'). Not sure if that
matters though.

The version I'm using is 2.3u(20) under 10.6.2

Jim
--
"Microsoft admitted its Vista operating system was a 'less good
product' in what IT experts have described as the most ambitious
From: Jim on
Jim <jim(a)magrathea.plus.com> wrote:

<snip>

The one thing it doesn't do (unless I've missed it, always possible) is
auto chapters every n minutes. Still, can't complain at the price.

Jim
From: David Kennedy on
Jim wrote:
> A while ago I seem to recall someone saying that Burn.app
> (http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net) didn't work under 10.6.x - it would
> get so far and bomb out with some error.
>
> I've just used to it burn an AVI to disk without any problems. It
> transcoded it to MPEG2, then burned it without problems. The only thing
> I did differently was to switch off the use of a menu (go to
> Preferences, Video->DVD and untick 'Use DVD Theme'). Not sure if that
> matters though.
>
> The version I'm using is 2.3u(20) under 10.6.2

I'll give it a try. How quick is it Jim, compared with all the others?

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
From: Jim on
David Kennedy <davidkennedy(a)nospamherethankyou.invalid> wrote:

> Jim wrote:
> > A while ago I seem to recall someone saying that Burn.app
> > (http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net) didn't work under 10.6.x - it would
> > get so far and bomb out with some error.
> >
> > I've just used to it burn an AVI to disk without any problems. It
> > transcoded it to MPEG2, then burned it without problems. The only thing
> > I did differently was to switch off the use of a menu (go to
> > Preferences, Video->DVD and untick 'Use DVD Theme'). Not sure if that
> > matters though.
> >
> > The version I'm using is 2.3u(20) under 10.6.2
>
> I'll give it a try. How quick is it Jim, compared with all the others?

I've not timed it, but it's not slow. And compared to having to create a
full iDVD project it's far faster.

Jim
From: David Kennedy on
Jim wrote:
> David Kennedy<davidkennedy(a)nospamherethankyou.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Jim wrote:
>>> A while ago I seem to recall someone saying that Burn.app
>>> (http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net) didn't work under 10.6.x - it would
>>> get so far and bomb out with some error.
>>>
>>> I've just used to it burn an AVI to disk without any problems. It
>>> transcoded it to MPEG2, then burned it without problems. The only thing
>>> I did differently was to switch off the use of a menu (go to
>>> Preferences, Video->DVD and untick 'Use DVD Theme'). Not sure if that
>>> matters though.
>>>
>>> The version I'm using is 2.3u(20) under 10.6.2
>>
>> I'll give it a try. How quick is it Jim, compared with all the others?
>
> I've not timed it, but it's not slow. And compared to having to create a
> full iDVD project it's far faster.

Well, it would be. I gave up on idvd some time ago, been using Toast
recently. Cram everything into a disc image then burn with dvd2one.