From: Frank Situmorang on
Hello,

Can anyone help me how can we make it just to pressed the button, then all
records in a table will be deleted/ purge out.

Background:

I want to distrtibute copy of my church database to all pastors of our
church. In my membership database, there is a child table of Notes...in which
a church clerck can put a note for the member. Before I give the copy of the
database to pastors, I want to purge out all the content of the table of
Notes, so that later I can collect it from them and inport their notes table
to be combined with the central database which is the one a scretary has. I
have made an append query for that.

Thanks for any help.

Frank
--
Frank Situmorang
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
In the click event of the button try:

CurrentDb.Execute "Delete * From YourTableName;"
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Frank Situmorang" <FrankSitumorang(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E6D579F3-99C0-4586-B4D7-FAE392883918(a)microsoft.com...

From: Mike Painter on
I'd suggest adding a msgbox to ask if they really want to do this.

I wrote a billing program in MS BASIC many years ago and asked that
question.
Then she asked that I modify to to ask twice. (At which point she realized
I was right about demanding she back things up.)
Then she asked that I modify to to ask three times.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:26:39 -0800, "Mike Painter" <md.painter(a)sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

>I'd suggest adding a msgbox to ask if they really want to do this.
>
>I wrote a billing program in MS BASIC many years ago and asked that
>question.
>Then she asked that I modify to to ask twice. (At which point she realized
>I was right about demanding she back things up.)
>Then she asked that I modify to to ask three times.

"I have told you once,
I have told you twice -
What I tell you three times is true!"
- _The Hunting of the Snark_

And sometimes that's not enough. Sometimes the user is NOT right.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
If MsgBox ("Are you really, really, REALLY sure?", vbYesNo) = vbYes Then
MsgBox "Say 'Please Delete' 4 times and click your heels twice",
vbOKOnly
End If
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP