From: Wendy Elizabeth on
In a C#.net 2008 solution that I need to start working on for the first time,
the same namespace name is used in lots of different projects in the same
solution. Do you have any idea why this would be setup like this? Would this
be setup to overload(override) the namespace. Basically the name 'projectall'
namespace is used in lots of proejcts in the same solution.
From: Mr. Arnold on
Wendy Elizabeth wrote:
> In a C#.net 2008 solution that I need to start working on for the first time,
> the same namespace name is used in lots of different projects in the same
> solution. Do you have any idea why this would be setup like this? Would this
> be setup to overload(override) the namespace. Basically the name 'projectall'
> namespace is used in lots of proejcts in the same solution.

It's a public (core project) common to all projects in the solution. The
project may have public functionality in it that all projects need, and
they have reference to it.

From: Arne Vajhøj on
On 27-06-2010 14:02, Wendy Elizabeth wrote:
> In a C#.net 2008 solution that I need to start working on for the first time,
> the same namespace name is used in lots of different projects in the same
> solution. Do you have any idea why this would be setup like this? Would this
> be setup to overload(override) the namespace. Basically the name 'projectall'
> namespace is used in lots of proejcts in the same solution.

My guess is that somebody did too much copy paste!

:-)

I don't think it is good - you should use different namespaces
for stuff that logical separate.

If something is in different projects then there is a good
chance that they are logical separate.

Arne

From: Jeff Johnson on
"Wendy Elizabeth" <WendyElizabeth(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:5BA48293-FE05-42EA-9E71-2A70682BF1E1(a)microsoft.com...

> In a C#.net 2008 solution that I need to start working on for the first
> time,
> the same namespace name is used in lots of different projects in the same
> solution. Do you have any idea why this would be setup like this? Would
> this
> be setup to overload(override) the namespace. Basically the name
> 'projectall'
> namespace is used in lots of proejcts in the same solution.

In general I'd say you should have a very good reason before splitting
namespaces across multiple assemblies. That said, even the .NET Framework
does this. Some parts of System, for example, are located in mscorlib.dll
while others are in System.dll.

Pages: 1
Prev: C# projects
Next: MenuStrip Merge