From: aaron on
Since I am new to C#.net 2008, I have the following question to ask:
Since a solution (.sln file) can have several projects in it, can one
project file
work with another project file? In other words, can 'object a' in 'project
file 1',
work with 'object b' in 'project file 2' by using methods in ''object b'
where 'properties values' are exposed to 'pulbic' access? For example, can
object 'manage finances' in 'project file 1' obtain the 'checking account'
values from object 'customer' in 'project file 2'?
If so, can you tell me and/or point me to a url that can explain how to
accomplish this task?Is there a possiblity that I need to be concerned with
the main method in the program.cs file for 'project file 2'?
From: Jackie on
On 6/1/2010 15:12, aaron wrote:
> Since I am new to C#.net 2008, I have the following question to ask:
> Since a solution (.sln file) can have several projects in it, can one
> project file
> work with another project file?
> In other words, can 'object a' in 'project file 1',
> work with 'object b' in 'project file 2'
> [snip]

If both projects depend on each other, I think it would be a good idea
to move that code into a class library instead.

I think it is a little difficult to follow what you mean with the rest.

If both projects need to share the exact same data and both are separate
applications, we're talking about inter-process communication (IPC)
(shared memory, sockets, pipes or something else).

Please correct me if I am wrong.
From: Mr. Arnold on
aaron wrote:
> Since I am new to C#.net 2008, I have the following question to ask:
> Since a solution (.sln file) can have several projects in it, can one
> project file
> work with another project file? In other words, can 'object a' in 'project
> file 1',
> work with 'object b' in 'project file 2' by using methods in ''object b'
> where 'properties values' are exposed to 'pulbic' access?

yes and it's done by using a classlib project (DLL) with projects that
need functionality from objects with methods in the classlib project, by
setting 'project reference' from calling project to called project.

> For example, can
> object 'manage finances' in 'project file 1' obtain the 'checking account'
> values from object 'customer' in 'project file 2'?
> If so, can you tell me and/or point me to a url that can explain how to
> accomplish this task?Is there a possiblity that I need to be concerned with
> the main method in the program.cs file for 'project file 2'?

You can Mickey Mouse it and eventually get it, but if you want the fast
track and move quickly, then get this.

It's about when, where, what and how to use objects.

http://www.dofactory.com/Framework/Framework.aspx
From: aaron on
I basically have a C#.net 2008 solution that I need to make changes to. I am
trying to determine how this solution (.sln file) is setup. There is no
documentation.
When I compile this application is debug mode, it needs lots of files. If I
compile the .sln file in 'release' mode, the application compiles with a few
warnings.

Basically I am trying to determine how this .sln is setup beofre I make
any changes to it.

From: aaron on

Jackie:

"Jackie" wrote:

> On 6/1/2010 15:12, aaron wrote:
> > Since I am new to C#.net 2008, I have the following question to ask:
> > Since a solution (.sln file) can have several projects in it, can one
> > project file
> > work with another project file?
> > In other words, can 'object a' in 'project file 1',
> > work with 'object b' in 'project file 2'
> > [snip]
>
> If both projects depend on each other, I think it would be a good idea
> to move that code into a class library instead.
>
> I think it is a little difficult to follow what you mean with the rest.
>
> If both projects need to share the exact same data and both are separate
> applications, we're talking about inter-process communication (IPC)
> (shared memory, sockets, pipes or something else).
>
> Please correct me if I am wrong.
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Fading in and out.