First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49
the means of mbstowcs parameters
the function prototype is like below: size_t mbstowcs( wchar_t* wcstr, const char* mbstr, size_t count ) in MSDN, parameter 'count ' means :"The number of multibyte characters to convert". it cplusplus.com(like unix and linux man page), parameter 'count ' means :"Maximum number of wchar_t characters to b... 25 Feb 2010 09:07
why it is wrong to say: throw std::exception("error msg");
I hope that some kind person will post chapter and verse for why it is wrong to say: throw std::exception("some error text"); I know it's morally wrong. I always throw a derived class myself. But I have come across some legacy code that does this on a project I am working on. It was drawn to my attention becau... 11 Mar 2010 15:41
Version 1.11 of C++ Middleware Writer now on line
Shalom Release 1.11 of the C++ Middleware Writer is now on line. This release has the following changes: 1. std::complex and boost::circular_buffer support added. 2. Support added for strongly-typed enums such as: enum class Fruit : uint8_t { love = 1, joy, peace, patience, kindnes... 23 Feb 2010 19:21
omission of "virtual" in overridden method declarations in derived classes
On Feb 23, 11:22 am, "Marco Nef" <maill...(a)shima.ch> wrote: Or is the virtuality inherited implicitly from the root of the inheritance tree even if it is omitted in intermediate classes? Yes. C++ does not require the programmer to repeat the 'virtual' keyword for a virtual method in a derived c... 24 Feb 2010 04:13
omission of "virtual" in overridden method declarations in derived classes
Marco Nef wrote: Or is the virtuality inherited implicitly from the root of the inheritance tree even if it is omitted in intermediate classes? Yes. C++ does not require the programmer to repeat the 'virtual' keyword for a virtual method in a derived class. Which is one of the worst "featur... 23 Feb 2010 15:50
omission of "virtual" in overridden method declarations in derived classes
Gregory Bok wrote: Say you have a class with a virtual method, and then in a derived class, the virtual method is declared without the "virtual" keyword. class A { public: virtual void method(); }; class B { public: void method(); }; Is this effectively an em... 23 Feb 2010 15:50
omission of "virtual" in overridden method declarations in derived classes
On Feb 22, 2:57 pm, Gregory Bok <greg....(a)gmail.com> wrote: Say you have a class with a virtual method, and then in a derived class, the virtual method is declared without the "virtual" keyword. class A { public: virtual void method(); }; class B { public: void method... 27 Feb 2010 15:26
omission of "virtual" in overridden method declarations in derived classes
Say you have a class with a virtual method, and then in a derived class, the virtual method is declared without the "virtual" keyword. class A { public: virtual void method(); }; class B { public: void method(); }; Is this effectively an emulation of the "final" construct, e.g. this becomes... 22 Feb 2010 18:40
needing std::iostream as an array of bytes
I have a third party class X that stores and loads its objects using std::ostream and std::istream classes. At the same time I'm using X objects inside an environment that only allows me to save chunks of memory c-style. What I would like to do then is to store X instance in std::iostream instance and from that get... 27 Feb 2010 23:09
What C++0x features are relevant to you?
Firstly, this seems like something there'd already be a topic about, but i didn't see it. Also, i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but... What C++0x features are most relevant to you? I'm curious about what others consider good features to know, but mostly which they actually want to use. I am perso... 27 Feb 2010 14:20