First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenan
matthew.bond(a)l-3com.com (mattb) wrote (abridged): I have recently heard the above, along with a further statement along the lines of - 'const is there to stop amateur slip ups. Professionals should know what a function is expecting and should use that.' Could I please have some comments on thes... 25 Mar 2010 18:33
[ANN] Miscellaneous Container Templates 0.9.1
Hi, I'd like to announce a new free software project, Miscellaneous Container Templates, MCT for short. So far it contains only two containers similar to STL TR1 unordered_set and unordered_map, but significantly faster. In speed terms the implementation is comparable to dense_hash_* containers of Google Spars... 25 Mar 2010 18:33
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenance
On 03/25/2010 07:27 AM, Tonni Tielens wrote: Interesting topic. I was thinking about this a while ago. Why does Java for instance not have a const mechanism. E.g. in Java you can say a reference itself cannot change, but you cannot prevent someone from modifying an objects state if he has a reference to it.... 30 Mar 2010 21:49
Combining Two Buffers - How To?
Hi all, I'm really not at all experienced with C++, but I have some changes to make in code that used to be maintained by someone else. The code that exists may not be the best, but I'm not looking to totally re- write the widget because it works for us with no problems to date. Anyway, here is the current co... 25 Mar 2010 16:10
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenance
On 25 Mrz., 13:27, Tonni Tielens <tonnitiel...(a)gmail.com> wrote: Interesting topic. I was thinking about this a while ago. Why does Java for instance not have a const mechanism. E.g. in Java you can say a reference itself cannot change, but you cannot prevent someone from modifying an objects state if he ha... 2 Apr 2010 18:10
what happen when Compile this code?
class null_t { public: template<typename T> operator T*(){return 0;} }NULL; int main() { if(*NPP)cout<<"*this"<<endl; return 0; } gcc(codeblocks with) :internal compiler error: Segmentation fault vs2008 no error but Generated Program clash which is correct? -- [ See ht... 5 Apr 2010 13:50
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenance
mattb <matthew.bond(a)l-3com.com> wrote: I have recently heard the above, along with a further statement along the lines of - 'const is there to stop amateur slip ups. Professionals should know what a function is expecting and should use that.' Could I please have some comments on these statemen... 25 Mar 2010 12:35
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenance
mattb wrote: I have recently heard the above, along with a further statement along the lines of - 'const is there to stop amateur slip ups. Professionals should know what a function is expecting and should use that.' Could I please have some comments on these statements. Cheers, Matt. ... 25 Mar 2010 02:08
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenance
On Mar 24, 7:24 pm, mattb <matthew.b...(a)l-3com.com> wrote: I have recently heard the above, along with a further statement along the lines of - 'const is there to stop amateur slip ups. Professionals should know what a function is expecting and should use that.' It sounds like the person saying this i... 30 Mar 2010 07:12
Customizing compare in bsearch()
I have an array of addresses that contain integers ( these integers are sorted in ascending order). They have duplicate values. Ex: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4...... I am trying to get hold of all the values that are greater than a certain value(key). Currently trying to implement it using binary search algo - ... 24 Mar 2010 14:39