First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
unique_ptr and rvalue question
I have a unique_ptr type: typedef std::unique_ptr<int, void(*)(int*)> unique_fd; In a function that returned unique_fd I use it like this: unique_fd u_sock = make_unique_fd(sock); if (bind(*u_sock, cur_addr->ai_addr, cur_addr->ai_addrlen) == 0) return u_sock; GCC ... 29 Mar 2010 16:56
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenan
Dave Harris wrote: However, it's not at all clear that const would be worth adding to other languages, and indeed I don't think any other languages have it (I'm excluding things like Java which have only a half-baked version). The D programming language has const. It differs from C++ const in that D cons... 28 Mar 2010 20:04
Using template parameters to simplify interfaces
I'm wondering if there is any mileage in the idea of using template parameter/arguments solely for the purpose of reducing the clutter of an interface. To give a contrived example, suppose that I am modelling a system that comprises a known collection of members of the system and that I am only interested in how t... 29 Mar 2010 02:35
I keep running into long term c++ programmers who refuse to use exceptions
On 26 mar, 22:44, Stephen Howe <sjhoweATdialDOTpipexDOT...(a)giganews.com> wrote: Both bother me in that at the point where something has gone wrong, I usually wish to return _more_ than just a bald error code (e.g. line number, function, any other pertinent information etc). I guess an exception is better... 29 Mar 2010 16:56
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenance
On Mar 26, 8:43 pm, "Daniel T." <danie...(a)earthlink.net> wrote: Nick Hounsome <nick.houns...(a)googlemail.com> wrote: I attribute my mistake to the fact that being in the "no const" camp I only ever use const for reference and pointer parameters where it DOES make a difference. So being in the ... 2 Apr 2010 02:48
Template aliases with default arguments and parameter packs
Is it allowed to use default template-arguments and template parameter pack in templated alias declaration? template <class T, class... Types> struct X { typedef typename T<Types...>::type type; }; // is it legal? template <class T = void, class... Types> using A... 27 Mar 2010 16:31
An Algorithm Intensive Programming Contest - Manthan @ Codefest - IT-BHU
Hello, With immense pleasure we, on behalf of Department of Computer Engineering, IT-BHU, would like to invite you to participate in one of the biggest online coding festival of India, Codefest which is being organized by our department for the very first time, from 25th January to 31st March, 2010. ... 26 Mar 2010 16:43
const is an overrated concept that is a source of extra typing and maintenance
Nick Hounsome <nick.hounsome(a)googlemail.com> wrote: I attribute my mistake to the fact that being in the "no const" camp I only ever use const for reference and pointer parameters where it DOES make a difference. So being in the "no const" camp means to use const everywhere it is useful but not where i... 26 Mar 2010 16:43
Project to recover UnderC C/C++ interpreter
Hello ! I'm managing to update UnderC C/C++ interpreter to work with modern c+ + compilers, actually it works on windows with gcc 4, compiles on linux but doesn't work properly, and crash with vc++ 2008. I think that will be a great framework having FLTK and UnderC working together, will be easy to prototype/e... 26 Mar 2010 13:08
Shift/Move Decimal Place
Hi, I just wonder whether there is an efficient way to shift/move the decimal place of a double by x (an int) to the left without losing precision. e.g. shifting the decimal place of 11096.2345 by 2 => 110.962345 Thanks in advance. -- [ See http://www.gotw.ca/resources/clcm.htm for info about ] ... 26 Mar 2010 10:20