From: Russg on

"christianlott1" <christianlott1(a)yahoo.com> wrote in message news:
snip
> You will get more help if you were using vice. Most of us are.
>
> OTOH, did you try typing:
> LOAD"$",8
> did a directory list?
Yes, I tried LOAD"$",8 and I get the same
'device not present' error.
I looked at your 64HDD post.
DOS 6.2 for MSDOS isn't FAT32, it is FAT16
I believe.
Maybe I should look into a different emulatork,
Vice, you mention.
Thanks

From: Russg on
I've made progress. I had somehow corrupted the
sargon3a.d64 file.
Now I can mount the image,
LOAD"*",8
and
RUN
The intro screen comes up and says.
I wait for 30 minutes and nothing happens.
I don't see any indication that the imulated 1541
is working.
Maybe the original SARGON3A.D64 is
corrupt?

From: christianlott1 on
On Mar 10, 2:15 pm, "Russg" <russg...(a)MUNGEsbcyahoo.net> wrote:
> Maybe the original SARGON3A.D64 is
> corrupt?

Maybe. Your emulator might not support that fastloader.

I'm not at all familiar w/ frodo. I think it's by someone who really
knew the C64 video but I'm not sure how well it emulates disk drive.

Try VICE.

Christian

From: Russg on

"christianlott1"
"russg"
>> Maybe the original SARGON3A.D64 is
>> corrupt?
>
> Maybe. Your emulator might not support that fastloader.
>
> I'm not at all familiar w/ frodo. I think it's by someone who really
> knew the C64 video but I'm not sure how well it emulates disk drive.
>
> Try VICE.
>

> Christian
Tried VICE and got it! My .d64 image was corrupted. I downloaded a new one
from
a Deutsch site and it worked.
Somehow in Frodo, I corrupted the corrupted
..d64 imgage.
Thanks a lot.

From: Russg on
> Thanks a lot.

Umm.. Does anyone know how to get the menu
in Sargon III? I've tried most key and joystick
combinations. (except the right CNTRL button
I use for joy2 fire).

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: RAMLink disk and docs?