From: Teresa on
Can I attach a folder versus a file to an email in Outlook?
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Teresa" <Teresa(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Can I attach a folder versus a file to an email in Outlook?

No. If it's a Windows folder you want to send, put it in a compressed folder
(a zip file) and mail that instead. If it's an Outlook folder, create a
separate PST, copy the folder to that PST, close the PST, stop and restart
Outlook and mail that PST.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: broro183 on

Hi Teresa,

AFAIK, you can't attach a folder to an email. You will either need to
select all the files within the folder & attach them, or possibly "zip"
the folder and then attach the zip file.
When you have the attachment dialog box open, try rightclicking on the
folder, choosing "winzip..." (if you have Winzip/RAR etc installed?),
letting winzip create the zip file, and then selecting the zip file in
the attachment dialog box.

hth
Rob

--
broro183

Rob Brockett. Always learning & the best way to learn is to
experience...
broro183's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=333
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=197441

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

From: dlw on
no. but you can "zip" the folder into a file and send that