From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Whichi s one of the reasons I moved to std::map. It is more efficient, and doesn't
require the overloaded static method. And you have to actually generate CONTENT of that
HashKey function, and if you get it wrong, you get awful performance.
joe

On Tue, 11 May 2010 11:53:08 -0400, "RB" <NoMail(a)NoSpam> wrote:

>>> CMap<CStrng, CString&, CPoint, CPoint&> MyMap2; //error C2065: 'CStrng' : undeclared identifier
>
>> Did you see the error message CStrng' : undeclared identifier
>> You have to type CString :)
>
>Thanks I am slowly beginning to beginning to decphier logic of STL.
>I did some more searching and found that for the above to work I
>would have had to override the HashKey with a CString type.

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Mostly I work from the VS2005 and VS2008 docs. VS6 had a LOT of problems with STL, mostly
caused by the fact that the language it compiled was not C++ as specified, but some
language that vaguely resembled it. Templates, in particular, had serious problems with
respect to proper compilation of STL structures.
joe

From: Cholo Lennon on
On 11/05/2010 12:44, RB wrote:
> Joe I filed notes on your input.
> If I wanted to buy one book on STL that was on a beginners
> level but still offered excellent material. Do you know of such
> a Title ?

A "must have" book about the C++ standard library (which includes the
containers library, aka STL) is the following:

"The C++ Standard Library A Tutorial and Reference", Nicolai Josuttis,
Addison Wesley.

Regards

--
Cholo Lennon
Bs.As.
From: RB on

Thanks that was Giovanni's suggestion also. Does it also have
code examples of the containers library ?

From: Cholo Lennon on
On 12/05/2010 11:59, RB wrote:
> Thanks that was Giovanni's suggestion also.

Ups, you're right

Does it also have
> code examples of the containers library ?

Yes, the book has usage examples for every container :-)

--
Cholo Lennon
Bs.As.