From: KilrPilr on
Hi Womo,

Ok here is what i did. I removed the mid part of the directory to save
space but it did load the whole directory.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Athlon64>f:

F:\cd F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl dir 8
1 ."h/p " 30 1h
15 "stats" seq
154 "userlog" rel
4 "ag" prg
7 "fl1" prg
7 "fl2" prg
19 "text" prg
92 "c/bbs" prg
1 "macros" seq
2 "ascii tab" prg
1 "sprite ml" prg
2 "ansi tab" prg
8 "punter" prg
8 "x-modem" prg
7 "x-modem1k" prg
1 "callback" seq
27 "c/app mod" prg
46 "c/term" prg
1 "lcall" seq
2 "configure" seq
15 "backup" seq
7 "plums ml" prg
1304 "callers" seq
2 "i" seq
1 "mf" seq
1 "end 3" seq
2 "new" seq
3 "app" seq
5 "subs" seq
2 "mail" seq
1 "omni" seq
3 "wait" seq
4 "bbs list" seq
5 "term.phone" seq
2 "user" seq
5 "udop" seq
33 "fcopy" prg
<snip as its a real long dir>
10 "s 2 m 580" seq
11 "s 4 m 175" seq
6 "s 1 m 1180" seq
9 "s 7 m 450" seq
502 blocks free.
..

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl lock

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl popen 8 2 "fcopy"

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl talk 8 2

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl read fcopy.prg

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl untalk

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl close 8 2

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl lock

F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>

It took about 20 seconds to do the read and then it returned to the prompt.
After I was done typing the commands , I went and checked the F:\opencbm
yada yada\exe folder and the fcopy.prg file was in the folder
Does this mean that it already works? Why doesnt gui4cbm4win work then? I
think this is good news!

As for the PCI lpt card it is a LAVA dual port card. Here is the website
link
http://www.lavalink.com/index.php?id=243

Leo

From: Wolfgang Moser on
Hi Leo,

KilrPilr schrieb:
> Ok here is what i did. I removed the mid part of the directory to save
> space but it did load the whole directory.
> [...]
> F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl dir 8
> 1 ."h/p " 30 1h
> 15 "stats" seq
> 154 "userlog" rel
> 4 "ag" prg
>[...]
> 33 "fcopy" prg
> <snip as its a real long dir>
>[...]
> 502 blocks free.

this is very good news so far.

> F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl lock
> F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl popen 8 2 "fcopy"

For all the SEQ files, something like this
is needed to open them (-p is the new syntax
while popen is considered deprecated):
cbmctrl -p open "stats,s,r"

Don't know, if it would work from scratch
that way, but in general it should.
Relative files aren't that easy to copy
since the side sector block need to be
taken into account also.

> F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl talk 8 2
> F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl read fcopy.prg
> F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl untalk
> F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl close 8 2
> F:\opencbm-0.4.0-i386\exe>cbmctrl lock
>
> It took about 20 seconds to do the read and then it returned to the prompt.
> After I was done typing the commands , I went and checked the F:\opencbm
> yada yada\exe folder and the fcopy.prg file was in the folder
> Does this mean that it already works?

It really does seem so. You would have to do
some more tests to check out, if the
transmission is made error free.

Taking sample 2 from:
http://opencbm.trikaliotis.net/opencbm-13.html#cbmctrl examples

you may want to sent that fcopy.prg local
file as FCOPY_BACK,P,W (manual PETSCII
conversion done) to your harddisk and then
read it back again as local file fcopy_2.prg.

Then comparing the fcopy.prg with fcopy_2.prg
should reveal any transmission errors.

fc /b fcopy.prg fcopy_2.prg

Running that FCOPY_BACK from within your
CBM machine should tell, if it was not
corrupted on sending it back. Alternatively
you may want to do a byte comparison at
your CMD system.

> Why doesnt gui4cbm4win work then? I
> think this is good news!

The GUI doesn't work for the reasons I
told in my previous mails. I uses cbmcopy
as a tool for all file transfers, but raw
cbmctrl commands.
As an alternative there're some Linux/Perl
scripts that John Cirillio wrote for
cbm4linux. You may want to use them under
Windows with ActivePerl. Unfortunately I
don't know, if these would do the required
job, I never tested them.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~cirillo/software.htm

Anything else with the GUI are things
Payton may feel addicted to ;-) As for
OpenCBM itself (the kernel driver core),
it basically does already support CMD's
devices.

> As for the PCI lpt card it is a LAVA dual port card. Here is the website
> link
> http://www.lavalink.com/index.php?id=243

Well, I already know the Lavalink cards,
but I didn't see any notable difference
to the ones from SIIG or Sunix.

It seems I have to order another LPT card
for test purposes.

Womo