From: Andy Tang on
Hello all,

I am creating a CComboBoxEx dynamically to a CWnd. Unfortunately I
cannot seem to get the dropdown to show when I click on the down arrow.
I have already set the height of the dropdown using MoveWindow (making
the height of the comboboxex much higher).

All the elements and the images are working since I can use the up/down
key on the keyboard to make them selected in the edit box.

Is there something I'm forgetting to set to make it show the dropdown?
From: Andy Tang on
Andy Tang wrote:
> I am creating a CComboBoxEx dynamically to a CWnd. Unfortunately I
> cannot seem to get the dropdown to show when I click on the down arrow.
> I have already set the height of the dropdown using MoveWindow (making
> the height of the comboboxex much higher).

I found the problem. CComboBoxEx only sets the height of the dropdown
box at creation time. Since I was using a null rect at creation, and
then resizing it from WM_SIZE, it created a drop down height of 0.

Hopefully this would help anyone in the future.

From: Tom Serface on
This happens all the time. I've noticed it's not such a big problem on
Windows XP because, I'm guessing, the OS figures this out and drops it down
anyway, but on Win2K it's always been an issue if you don't set a default
size.

Tom