From: SupperDuck on
Dear Friends,

When I use =CELL("filename") in Turkish regional style, it gives #VALUE!
error but if I change the settings to USA, it works!

Why? And how I can solve this ?

PS: I use an english office 2007 and I use the formulas in English, no
problem with any of them. But I got error with this.

Thanks & Regards,
From: Bob Phillips on
Presumably you need to use the Turkish equivalent of "filename" in that
formula. I have no idea what that might be, but if you have Turkish help,
try looking up 'CELL function' in help, the info_type is listed there,
hopefully it will give you your equivalent.

--

HTH

Bob

From: Gord Dibben on
After you have found the Turkish equivalent to "filename" change your
formula slightly.

=CELL("filename",A1)

Elsewise you can get wierd results when you switch sheets back and forth.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:19:01 -0700, SupperDuck

From: מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן on
To the best of my knowledge, "filename" returns the WB name and as such it
will not cause any problem without using the A1.
However,
=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,31) returns the
ONLY SHEETS NAME and therefor needs the A1.
please, correct me if I'm wrong.
Micky

From: Bob Phillips on
You are wrong.

If you have two workbooks open and that formula in WB1, if a full recalc
happens whilst WB2 is open, the formula will update and point at the wrong
workbook.

--

HTH

Bob