From: Susan on
I need to sort a spreadsheet by using the last digit in a column that has
department numbers.

EX: 300009
300006
300004

Thank you!
From: FSt1 on
hi
use a helper column.
in a column to the right of the data, enter this formula.....
=right(A2,1)
copy down.
use the helper column as the primary sort key.

regards
FSt1

From: Mike H on
Hi,

use a helper column to extract the last number

=RIGHT(A1,1)

Select both columns and sort on the helper column which you can hide.
--
Mike

question.