From: bfinelsen on
I am new to using the CFGRID tag and I think it's quite wonderful. However, I
am having an issue with getting it to update a record. I am simply doing a
simple query with the the selectmode="Edit". I can insert and delete with no
problems, works fine. If I try to just update a record and then click submit,
the data does not update. I receive no error, just no correct update. Any ideas
as to why this is happening? I am using the applet version, not flash and I'm
running this on CFMX 7.02. Thanks in advance for any help.

From: tzimmerman on
I've tested this in CFMX 7.0.0, 7.0.2 and 7.0.2 with chf7020001 and it works
fine in the first two cases. You have to make sure you tab out of the field
before submitting the form. One thing I noticed is that if you shorten the
number of characters in the value your editing it will update, but if you try
adding characters it won't update unless you tab out of the field.

I did see a problem when using 7.0.2 with chf7020001. When you submit the
form you get the following error, but the database is updated:

Error casting an object of type to an incompatible type. This usually
indicates a programming error in Java, although it could also mean you have
tried to use a foreign object in a different way than it was designed.

I've submitted product issue 67192 for this problem.

Ted Zimmerman

From: Itisme38 on
Any word on a fix for this problem coming anytime soon???

I get the exact error you mentioned.

Thanks.

Pages: 1
Prev: Xcopy sucks