From: NatureMuzic on
Thanks Lem, I just did & will use the tool you suggested this weekend - Dr's
appointments all afternoon. & will use the top one.

Thanks very much & have a great weekend !

Dallas

From: NatureMuzic on
Hey all,

I ran the Diagnostics Tool for my drive & it passed & here's the Copy &
Paste of the results:

Test Option: QUICK TEST
Model Number: WDC WD1600JB-75GVC0
Unit Serial Number: WD-XXXXXXXXX
Firmware Number: 08.02D08
Capacity: 160.00 GB
SMART Status: PASS
Test Result: PASS
Test Time: 10:33:35, August 23, 2008

That said, for the past 2 days now, the CHKDSK has not started upon Login !
Hope it continues as such!

Thanks very much & enjoy your weekends!

Dallas

From: MowGreen [MVP] on
Suggest you run Extended Test rather than 'Quick Test', which is what's
showing in the log. Allow it to run overnight if time is a factor.

> # The DLGDIAG - Select an Option window appears.
> # You will see the following options:
>
> * QUICK TEST - performs SMART drive quick self-test to gather and verify the Data Lifeguard
> information contained on the drive.
> * EXTENDED TEST - performs a Full Media Scan to detect bad sectors. Test may take several hours
> to complete depending on the size of the drive.
> * WRITE ZEROS - writes zeros to the drive with options of Full Erase and Quick Erase. File system
> and data will be lost.
> * VIEW TEST RESULT - displays the latest test results.
>
> # Select the test you wish to perform and click the Start button.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten