From: "Howard Schreier <hs AT dc-sug DOT org>" on
On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:29:50 -0700, Wade Pan <wade_pan(a)YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> Morning, guys,
>
> When I remote submit a SAS program (in which I connect to DB2 tables), an
error comes out for one dataset I try to create. It doesn't happen
everytime, but it got me so frustrated. Please advise. Thanks,

> Wade
>
> ERROR: CLI cursor fetch error: [IBM][CLI Driver] A communication error
has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "TCP/IP".
Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was
detected: "IP address". Communication function detecting the error: "recv".
Protocol specific error code(s): "*", "*", "0". SQLSTATE= : [IBM][CLI
Driver] A system error (reason code = "18") occurred. Subsequent SQL
statements cannot be processed.

>ERROR: CLI close cursor error: [IBM][CLI Driver] Communication link
failure. SQLSTATE=

It does not appear to be a SAS error. Investigate on the DB2 side of things.