From: 0048 on
I'm using system exec.vi to run a batch file to program a Xilinx CPLD using Impact. If I call my batch file from windows (double click the file name), I see the batch file run and the steps executing. When I run the same batchfile from LV 8, all I see is a blank cmd.exe window, but the batch file executes because the CPLD gets programmed.
 I need to be able to see the batch file steps running to verify the CPLD has programmed correctly. What in LV is preventing the batch file output from being displayed? (I've got the run minimized flag set to false in system exec.vi)
 How can the output be displayed?

Thanks.

From: smercurio_fc on
The thing you have to remember is that System Exec isn't the same as the command prompt. It's analogous to the "Run" command (Start -> Run) for Windows. Thus, you would need to wrap the execution of your batch file within a cmd process.

Example_VI_BD6.png:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/333716/1/Example_VI_BD6.png
From: smercurio_fc on
The thing you have to remember is that System Exec isn't the same as the command prompt. It's analogous to the "Run" command (Start -> Run) for Windows. Thus, you would need to wrap the execution of your batch file within a cmd process.

Example_VI_BD7.png:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/333717/1/Example_VI_BD7.png
From: 0048 on
Hi,
 Thank you for your suggestion, but that's exactly what I have, except the quotes around the batch string. I added the quotes and still no luck. All I see is a blank cmd.exe screen. When the batch file ends, the blank cmd.exe screen disappears and the rest of the vi continues execution. I know the batch file is running because I can watch the process start and stop if I have task manager open.

From: cmpowell on
Have you wired an indicator to the standard output tab on the System Exec.vi?