From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"someone watching" <nospam(a)bogusaddress.com> wrote in message
> "Pegasus [MVP]" <news(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message Try this:
>> @echo off
>> cmd /k calendar_popup
>>

> Tried the /k switch, works great to keep a command prompt. Now the
> question
> is how to invoke TWO programs (in same window) and still have working CMD
> prompt. I've tried all kinds on combinations of /k switches, no /k
> switches,
> etc. No luck keeping command prompt!
>
> any other ideas?
>
> TIA

This sounds like a classic case of scope creep: Let's get someone to solve
one problem, then let's build on the first to solve a second and so on. Can
we have the whole scope in one fell swoop, please, instead of one little bit
at a time? You also need to spend a little more time on thinking about your
spec. When you say "two programs", do you mean two programs running
concurrently or successively? And why this insistence on keeping a Command
Processor running?

From: Billns on
On 4/30/2010 8:05 AM, someone watching wrote:
> "Pegasus [MVP]"<news(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message Try this:
>> @echo off
>> cmd /k calendar_popup
>>

> Tried the /k switch, works great to keep a command prompt. Now the question
> is how to invoke TWO programs (in same window) and still have working CMD
> prompt. I've tried all kinds on combinations of /k switches, no /k switches,
> etc. No luck keeping command prompt!
>
> any other ideas?
>
> TIA

Suggest you open TWO separate command prompt windows. Run each program
in its own window. You can switch between the two windows.

Bill