From: someone watching on
Can someone explain how to have a *.CMD window open, execute a program and
STAY at the command prompt?

All I know to try is this:

@echo off
calendar_popup (this is the program I want executed)

but immediately after execution the window closes (unless I put a PAUSE
statement) but I need the window to return to a command prompt (not close)

TIA

From: Pegasus [MVP] on

"someone watching" <nospam(a)bogusaddress.com> wrote in message
> Can someone explain how to have a *.CMD window open, execute a program and
> STAY at the command prompt?
>
> All I know to try is this:
>
> @echo off
> calendar_popup (this is the program I want executed)
>
> but immediately after execution the window closes (unless I put a PAUSE
> statement) but I need the window to return to a command prompt (not close)
>
> TIA

Try this:
@echo off
cmd /k calendar_popup

From: spamlet on
I have a link to the cmd prompt on my quick launch bar. It stays open until
I close it. Only if cmds are put in the 'run' box does cmd shut afterwards.
Having the cmd prompt link is handy for running tracert and ipconfig -
needed quite a lot in sorting out internet connection hassles.

From: someone watching on
"Pegasus [MVP]" <news(a)microsoft.com> wrote in message Try this:
> @echo off
> cmd /k calendar_popup

Tried the /k switch, works great to keep a command prompt. Now the question
is how to invoke TWO programs (in same window) and still have working CMD
prompt. I've tried all kinds on combinations of /k switches, no /k switches,
etc. No luck keeping command prompt!

any other ideas?

TIA

From: spamlet on
PS: Right clicking on the link gives you a properties sheet where you can
set it to run in a normal window of whatever size you want.