From: Ajay Kalra on

"Jonathan Wood" <jwood(a)softcircuits.com> wrote in message
> Okay, I give up. Searching for RibbonGadgets leads me to a Microsoft page
> that describes (very briefly) this sample. There's no download button but
> there is a link. If I click the link, it takes me to a page where I again
> need to drill down to what I want. I end up with a button to download a
> C++ example collection--apparently I need to download the entire thing or
> nothing at all.
>
> So I download it, run the installation that seems to simply copy a zip
> file to some deep, hard-to-find folder.
>
> I finally found the folder but spent 5 minutes searching for RibbonGadgets
> (the Windows search never works quite right for me so I had to just
> browse) and I don't see it.
>
> Microsoft has some major usability issues with their documentation and
> that includes the samples.
>
> So what's the secret. How do I find this example?
>
> Sheesh!

Perhaps you want to take this up with the MVP lead and let him get the right
people in touch with you regarding this.

--
Ajay

From: Jonathan Wood on
Thanks. It looks like I already had downloaded that file. I re-downloaded it
and ran it again to verify where it was installing to. But now I get a
message telling me the program has stopped working. I get this message
whether I choose the Repair or Uninstall option.

Anyway, I'm extremely busy and have spent too much time on this already.

Thanks for your help.

--
Jonathan Wood
SoftCircuits Programming

From: Jonathan Wood on
Actually, I did figure this out. I used Control Panel to uninstall the
samples and then reinstalled it. After looking around a while, I found the
new installation does include feature pack samples.

The RibbonGadgets is a great example and covers all the stuff I've been
wondering about for a while.

Thanks again!

From: ChrisN on
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 09:50:22 -0600, "Jonathan Wood"
<jwood(a)softcircuits.com> wrote:

>The RibbonGadgets is a great example and covers all the stuff I've been
>wondering about for a while.
>
>Thanks again!

You're welcome. I'm glad you got it working in the end.

Chris