From: Howard Brazee on
http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/COBOL-Dont-Call-it-a-Comeback/?kc=EWKNLEIA070808FEA1
From: Pete Dashwood on

"Howard Brazee" <howard(a)brazee.net> wrote in message
> http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/COBOL-Dont-Call-it-a-Comeback/?kc=EWKNLEIA070808FEA1

I have no issue with the article itself and it pretty much aligns with what
I posted here a few days ago.

What was interesting to me were the comments...:-)

Pete.

From: Robert on
On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:59:19 -0600, Howard Brazee <howard(a)brazee.net> wrote:

>http://www.eweek.com/c/a/Application-Development/COBOL-Dont-Call-it-a-Comeback/?kc=EWKNLEIA070808FEA1

What's the Veryant story? I hadn't heard the name before. It generates Java byte code, but
appears to not be the same as perCOBOL. APS in "isCOBOL APS" stands for Application
Platform Suite, has nothing to do with Micro Focus' code generator named APS, now
replaced by Mainframe Express.

Three of four Veryant leaders came from Acucorp. Two of them live in Italy.