From: Jean on
I installed Earthlink.net SpamBlocker to work with my Microsoft Outlook email
program. It worked fine for a long time. However, when I click on the
"Suspect Email" link to check that file, I get the message, "Warning, the COM
object has not been initialized. Earthlink SpamBlocker Add-on". I must have
disabled it somehow. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? (I also get the
same warning when I go into my address book.)
From: Brian Tillman on
Jean <Jean(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I installed Earthlink.net SpamBlocker to work with my Microsoft
> Outlook email program. It worked fine for a long time. However,
> when I click on the "Suspect Email" link to check that file, I get
> the message, "Warning, the COM object has not been initialized.
> Earthlink SpamBlocker Add-on". I must have disabled it somehow. Can
> anyone tell me how to fix this? (I also get the same warning when I
> go into my address book.)

What does the documentation for SpamBlocker say?
--
Brian Tillman
From: Jean on
Well, I then uninstalled SpamBlocker then reinstalled it. Instead of being
installed to my Outlook program -- it installed on Earthlink TotalAccess
email (which I had installed and I guess I shouldn't have because I have DSL,
not dial-up).

Now, I would like to uninstall TotalAccess but if I do, I'll lose all my
emails, etc. I just have to go into Earthlink Web Mail to see my "suspect
email" in the SpamBlocker.

I know this is confusing, but I've spent HOURS in chat with Earthlink --
everything I do seems to cause another problem to solve.

My problems now are far beyond my original question.