From: Chandrahas on
I was trying to format time in decimals to days:hours:mins format. While
using microsoft excel 2003 help, they said to use CONVERT funtion for the
same. But there isnt any CONVERT funtion in the Inset menu>funtions, in excel
2003. I tried for the same on Excel 2003 installed in other computers as well
to confirm, but they didnt have it either. Could anyone explain why? And how
could I install the CONVERT funtion on to my Excel 2003?
From: Roger Govier on
Hi

Time is stored as fractions of a day (24 hours).
So to convert your data, with decimals hours in cell A1, enter in B1
=A1/24
and format B1 Format>Cell>Number>Custom> d:hh:mm
--
Regards
Roger Govier

From: Gord Dibben on
Load the Analysis Toolpak through Tools>Add-ins to access CONVERT function.

If you looked up CONVERT in help you would have found that out.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP