From: Malcolm on
I am using this formula to enter text into a column of cells of the source
worksheet and the corresponding column of cells in the destination worksheet;
=IF('End Bal'!B5="","",'End Bal'!B5). I enter this formula into cell B5 of
the destination worksheet and then copy down the column. I would like the
rule to be in effect for any text I type into the source worksheet except
when I enter the words NO SHOW, in this case I would like the destination
cell to remain blank. How do I accomplish this? I am using Excel 2007 but the
formula must be Excel 2003 compatible.
Thanks,
Malcolm

From: FSt1 on
hi
try this.....
=IF(OR('End Bal'!B5="",'End Bal'!B5="No Show"),"",'End Bal'!B5)

regards
FSt1

From: Gord Dibben on
=IF(OR('End Bal'!B5="",('End Bal'!B5="no show")),"",'End Bal'!B5)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: T. Valko on
Another way to write the same formulas already suggested...

=IF(OR('End Bal'!B5={"","No Show"}),"",'End Bal'!B5)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: Gord Dibben on