From: jjlang on
I'm writing an IF function and want my formula to return a 1 if the cell has
a number in it, but return a 0 if the cell is blank of has a zero in it.

ie Cell A1 would return 1 if A2 has 3 in it, but return 0 if A2 is blank or
has 0 in it.

Thnanks
From: Teethless mama on
=COUNT(A:A)-COUNTIF(A:A,0)

From: T. Valko on
One way...

=--AND(COUNT(A1),A1<>0)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: adam6b on
=if(or(A2=0,A2=""),0,1)

From: Rick Rothstein on
You can use this IF formula...

=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1<>0),1,0)

or you can use this shorter non-IF formula instead...

=--AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1<>0)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"jjlang" <jjlang(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm writing an IF function and want my formula to return a 1 if the cell
> has
> a number in it, but return a 0 if the cell is blank of has a zero in it.
>
> ie Cell A1 would return 1 if A2 has 3 in it, but return 0 if A2 is blank
> or
> has 0 in it.
>

> Thnanks

 |  Next  |  Last