From: MAX on
I have a workbook with 3 sheets.
Sheet 1 is named (D), Sheet 2 (Settings) and Sheet 3 (Countries).

In sheet (D), I have all the countries that I require ( 39 countries) from
cell A2 to A40 and in cell A1 I have the heading ENGLISH.
In sheet (Countries) I have the names of the 39 countries from cell E7 to
E45.
In cell E7 I have the country name ENGLAND and when I click on this cell, it
appears =AF8 in the formula bar, where when I click on cell AF8 it appears
=index(D,38,lang) in the formula bar.
The problem is that I am trying to put the country name ENGLAND in cell W1
by clicking on this cell and write =AF8 in the formula bar and click ENTER.
The cell W1 remains blank.
Just to tell you that the country name ENGLAND is in cell A38 in sheet (D).

Will you please help me solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

From: Don Guillett on

Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel