From: psd364 on
I need to use a formula to find out how many times the value in B2 appears in
column B.
From: Lars-�ke Aspelin on
On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:38:08 -0700, psd364
<psd364(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I need to use a formula to find out how many times the value in B2 appears in
>column B.

Try this formula:

=COUNTIF(B:B,B2)

or, if you don't have Excel 2007, use this

=COUNTIF($B$1:$B$65536,B2)

Hope this helps / Lars-�ke

From: Tom Hutchins on

From: Tom Hutchins on
Try
=COUNTIF(B:B,B2)
in any cell not in column B on the same sheet.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

From: Shane Devenshire on
Excel 2003 does allow full column references with the COUNTIF function.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Lars-Åke Aspelin" wrote:

> On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:38:08 -0700, psd364
> <psd364(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I need to use a formula to find out how many times the value in B2 appears in
> >column B.
>

> Try this formula:
>
> =COUNTIF(B:B,B2)
>
> or, if you don't have Excel 2007, use this
>
> =COUNTIF($B$1:$B$65536,B2)
>
> Hope this helps / Lars-Åke
>

> .
>
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: create an expense requisition form
Next: Date and Time