From: Charles Wang[MSFT] on
Hi, Tom,
Thanks for your kindness.
Using COleDropTarget should be also fine. Let us wait for Noeld's next
response.

Best regards,
Charles Wang
Microsoft Online Community Support
ications

If you are using Outlook Express, please make sure you clear the check box
"Tools/Options/Read: Get 300 headers at a time" to see your reply promptly.

from this issue.

From: No�l Danjou on
Hi Charles,

Thanks for your support.

After a whole day of review (code, project settings, MBCS/Unicode, etc.) I
am still unable to identify what's different between the working and the
failing applications. I just sent the samples to your e-mail address. Thank
you.

Best regards,
--
No�l
http://noeld.com/

From: Charles Wang[MSFT] on
Hi, Noel,
Thanks for your response.

It does not matter. I will perform further research based on your test
project. I just sent you an email response since your attached file with
".zi" extension was filtered by our IT. Could you please send the file
again with ".zip" file extension?

Sorry for bringing you any inconvenience.

From: No�l Danjou on
Hi Charles,

I just sent the file again with the .zip extension. Sorry for the troubles.
Thank you.

Best regards,
--
No�l
http://noeld.com/

From: Charles Wang[MSFT] on
Hi, Noel,
Thanks for your email response.

Your program worked fine on Vista at my side.
1. I can drag any file from desktop or Windows Explorer to your file list
by directly running the program from your application debug folder. I did
not perform an re-compilation on Vista.
2. Everything worked fine when I rebuilt your program and performed
breakpoint debugging. All the events OnDrop, OnDragEnter, OnDragOver etc
were triggered.

I recommend that you try using Process Monitor to monitor your process and
mail me the log to see if there are some clues.
You can download the tool from:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/utilities/processmonitor.mspx

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let me
know.