From: Giovanni Dicanio on
"Marc" <no_spam(a)free.fr> ha scritto nel messaggio

> With my Calendar Control 8.0 (C:\windows\system32\mscal.ocx) :
>
> VC++6 generates 2 wrapper classes CCalendar and COleFont
> Opening the calendar.h generated file, I can see :
> COleFont GetDayFont();
> COleFont GetGridFont();
> COleFont GetTitleFont();
>
> VS2005 SP1 generates only one class CCalendar
> Opening the calendar.h generated file, I can see :
> LPDISPATCH get_DayFont()
> LPDISPATCH get_GridFont()
> LPDISPATCH get_TitleFont()
>
> So, it seems that you have the same problem as me.

Indeed.

> Is there a way to automatically create these COleFont or CPicture (or ...)
> wrapper classes ?

Not anything I'm aware of.

> I'm not supposed to use VC++6 anymore !

The first thing that comes in my mind is to use VC6 to create the wrapper,
and import VC6 generated source code in VS2005/2008.

Giovanni

From: David Ching on
"Giovanni Dicanio" <giovanniDOTdicanio(a)REMOVEMEgmail.com> wrote in message
> The first thing that comes in my mind is to use VC6 to create the wrapper,
> and import VC6 generated source code in VS2005/2008.

That's what I do, and it works great. By "import", it just means add the
generated files to the VS2005/2008 project.

-- David

From: Giovanni Dicanio on

> Using Visual C++6, when we add the Microsoft FlexGrid activeX control to
> our project, we have the 4 wrapper classes :
> - CMSFlexGrid
> - CRowCursor
> - COleFont
> - CPicture
>
> but using Visual Studio 2005, there is only the wrapper for the
> IMSFlexGrid interface.
> How to automatically generate the missing classes COleFont, CPicture... ?

I opened a bug on Connect for that:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/534458/visual-studio-mfc-wizard-does-not-create-proper-wrapper-classes-to-activexs

Giovanni