From: rafter22 on
I've followed the other thread about this for a bit. Then decided to
install cpufrequtils and try it out.

When I run cpufreq-info I noticed my CPU was running at 1000 MHz and
using the ondemand governor.

cpufrequtils 005: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2006
Report errors and bugs to http://bugs.opensuse.org, please.
analyzing CPU 0:
driver: powernow-k8
CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0
hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 1.80 GHz
available frequency steps: 1.80 GHz, 1000 MHz
available cpufreq governors: conservative, userspace, powersave,
ondemand, performance
current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 1.80 GHz.
The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
within this range.
current CPU frequency is 1000 MHz.

I can change it to run the performance governor, but it defaults back to
ondemand when I reboot.

Anyone know how I can make performance permanent since this isn't a
notebook, but a home built PC.
From: lurch on
On Tue, 08 Dec 2009 17:55:49 -0500, rafter22 <rafter22atverizondotnet>
wrote:

>I've followed the other thread about this for a bit. Then decided to
>install cpufrequtils and try it out.
>
>When I run cpufreq-info I noticed my CPU was running at 1000 MHz and
>using the ondemand governor.
>
>cpufrequtils 005: cpufreq-info (C) Dominik Brodowski 2004-2006
>Report errors and bugs to http://bugs.opensuse.org, please.
>analyzing CPU 0:
> driver: powernow-k8
> CPUs which need to switch frequency at the same time: 0
> hardware limits: 1000 MHz - 1.80 GHz
> available frequency steps: 1.80 GHz, 1000 MHz
> available cpufreq governors: conservative, userspace, powersave,
>ondemand, performance
> current policy: frequency should be within 1000 MHz and 1.80 GHz.
> The governor "ondemand" may decide which speed to use
> within this range.
> current CPU frequency is 1000 MHz.
>
>I can change it to run the performance governor, but it defaults back to
>ondemand when I reboot.
>
>Anyone know how I can make performance permanent since this isn't a
>notebook, but a home built PC.

Maybe it (cpufreq)keeps an ini file, as it were.

Pages: 1
Prev: Flakey cd's?
Next: Window border