From: Bob on
Can anyone tell me if there is a quick way I can download my entire
hosted website to a folder on my computer as a backup?

Is there an option within CPanel that I need to use? I'm not actually
sure what version of CPanel I have because on the top left it says
CPanel 11. Then in the tab it says CPanelX, then on the right hand
side it says CPanel Accelerated 2.

Anyone else using this and if so do you know how to download your
entire site? Or is it best to do it using some other program?

From: JD on
On 28/06/2010 1:16 AM, Bob wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if there is a quick way I can download my entire
> hosted website to a folder on my computer as a backup?
>
> Is there an option within CPanel that I need to use? I'm not actually
> sure what version of CPanel I have because on the top left it says
> CPanel 11. Then in the tab it says CPanelX, then on the right hand
> side it says CPanel Accelerated 2.
>
> Anyone else using this and if so do you know how to download your
> entire site? Or is it best to do it using some other program?

Login by ftp if it is your site and copy the contents of the folders,
this will not include any database info, you could also use wget to
download a website e.g. "wget -r htp://www.somesite.com./"

JD

From: Bob on
On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:37:32 +0100, JD <No.Reply(a)Sorry.com> wrote:

>On 28/06/2010 1:16 AM, Bob wrote:
>> Can anyone tell me if there is a quick way I can download my entire
>> hosted website to a folder on my computer as a backup?
>>
>> Is there an option within CPanel that I need to use? I'm not actually
>> sure what version of CPanel I have because on the top left it says
>> CPanel 11. Then in the tab it says CPanelX, then on the right hand
>> side it says CPanel Accelerated 2.
>>
>> Anyone else using this and if so do you know how to download your
>> entire site? Or is it best to do it using some other program?
>>

>Login by ftp if it is your site and copy the contents of the folders,
>this will not include any database info, you could also use wget to
>download a website e.g. "wget -r htp://www.somesite.com./"
>
>JD

Thanks. Are there any ftp clients you'd recommend? I think I probably
have a couple somewhere on my system I can use, I'll just have to
find.

From: JD on
On 29/06/2010 9:30 PM, Bob wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:37:32 +0100, JD<No.Reply(a)Sorry.com> wrote:
>
>> On 28/06/2010 1:16 AM, Bob wrote:
>>> Can anyone tell me if there is a quick way I can download my entire
>>> hosted website to a folder on my computer as a backup?
>>>
>>> Is there an option within CPanel that I need to use? I'm not actually
>>> sure what version of CPanel I have because on the top left it says
>>> CPanel 11. Then in the tab it says CPanelX, then on the right hand
>>> side it says CPanel Accelerated 2.
>>>
>>> Anyone else using this and if so do you know how to download your
>>> entire site? Or is it best to do it using some other program?
>>>

>> Login by ftp if it is your site and copy the contents of the folders,
>> this will not include any database info, you could also use wget to
>> download a website e.g. "wget -r htp://www.somesite.com./"
>>
>> JD
>
> Thanks. Are there any ftp clients you'd recommend? I think I probably
> have a couple somewhere on my system I can use, I'll just have to
> find.

To be honest I would not recommend FTP if you have access to a secure
shell login (SSH). you can use WinSCP, which is basically file transfer
over a SSH connection it looks exactly like FTP but much, much more
secure, however it will still use FTP if you prefer(or dont have access
to ssh).

WinSCP http://winscp.net/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/winscp/files/WinSCP/4.2.7/winscp427.zip/download

that link will take you to the direct download of WinSCP.

JD