From: Colin Trunt on
I have a DVB-dongle to watch TV on my PC, problem is
I cannot change the sound on the TV software without changing
the volume one everything else, eg a youtube video, I would
like to be able to change one sound level but not the other,
for example mute just the TV.

It seem the sounds are tied togeather I suppect this is a programming
fault ('feature') on the TV software, and there is nothing I can do about
it?

I think I can seperately control sound other applications. ( I can).

BlazeDTV is the television software.

So it seems there is nothign I can do?
Slidiing the volume control on Blaze TV slides the PC's master volume
control so it looks like I am bbuggered?

Not a major problem I suppose.

Maybe I should hassle the company for a fix?

From: James D. Andrews on

"Colin Trunt" <colin(a)trunt.com> wrote in message
>I have a DVB-dongle to watch TV on my PC, problem is
> I cannot change the sound on the TV software without changing
> the volume one everything else, eg a youtube video, I would
> like to be able to change one sound level but not the other,
> for example mute just the TV.
>
> It seem the sounds are tied togeather I suppect this is a programming
> fault ('feature') on the TV software, and there is nothing I can do about
> it?
>
> I think I can seperately control sound other applications. ( I can).
>

> BlazeDTV is the television software.
>
> So it seems there is nothign I can do?
> Slidiing the volume control on Blaze TV slides the PC's master volume
> control so it looks like I am bbuggered?
>
> Not a major problem I suppose.
>
> Maybe I should hassle the company for a fix?

Did you remember to go to the Audio Volume Controls (usually located on the
bottom right taskbar in Windows as well as in Control Panel)?

On this control: Open Volume Control, select Options - Properties
Under Properties there is a list of items that can be selected to add to
your Volume Control display.

Aux Volume (Auxiliary) and Video Volume can be checked and added to your
Volume Control bar, and using this, you SHOULD be able to adjust volume for
specific things.

If this is not what you're looking for - sorry. Just trying to help.