From: Jetasia on
On Jul 19, 2:23 pm, nos...(a)nospamottersonbg.couk (Duncan Kennedy)
wrote:
> Jetasia <appliancepart...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Duncan this may be a little off topic but how do I close the gaps in
> > the background color in sidebar one and sidebar two?
>
> Hi Jetasia
>
> You have a style called ".container" but it's missing in the code.  I
> put it in like this:
>
> - - - - - - - - - -

> alink="#FF0000">
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
> (The </div> seems to be there OK at the bottom)
>
> and changed the colour of the "background colour" of the .container
> style to the same blue as the rest (03F)  - that works but may have
> changed some other colours - is so - come back.  (OK in a quick test I
> managed to end up with one header Div grey and one blue in two separate
> pages and I can't find the difference - yet!)
>
> >These new templates are great but balance of CSS properties and HTML
> > seems to be
>
> You seem to have a bit of duplication - like "background" and
> "background-color" and some Page settings trying to fight with the CSS -
> you can probably ignore the Page settings - I would sort these out so
> you have just one attribute for each unless, for example,  you want the
> text to have a different background to the DIV it is placed in.
>
> > I also need an organized way to place photos without all the frames showing
> > up.  I  am ready to add photos and product information linked to PDF's but
> > until I know the template will work properly everything is on hold. I would
> > appreciate any advice or direction in CSS CS5,
>
> I'm not sure which frames you mean here.  Could it be in the "table"?
> If so simply highlight the table in Design view and change the border
> attribute in the properties bar (I'm on CS4 on a Mac here) to 0 instead
> of the 2 it is set at.  If you have any problems with borders appearing
> on the individual photos do the same - there is a border entry that
> needs a zero in that case (although you seem to have fixed the
> infuriating blue border on photo links with your link styles.)
>
> Personally, if you are planning the same layout on all or most of your
> pages I would prefer to use a separate style sheet referenced from each
> page - that way you only have to ament the styles once.
>
> There appears to be somethinh wrong with your navigation bar - it seems
> to lose the text on roll-over - perhaps you intended that.  My own
> preference for this type of menu is to use Spry from the Dreamweaver
> menu and then make that a library item so you only need to amen that
> once every time it changes.
>
> I'm sure others will have their own ideas but if I can help don't
> hesitate to come back and I'll try - I never claim to be an expert even
> if I have been using Dreamweaver since V2 - there is a lot I don't need.
>
> If you want to contact me direct try obg at otterson-bg dot com and make
> the subject something that will catch my eye.
>
> >  Here is the link...  http://ledelectronicsusa.com/
>
> Thanks for that - it really does help.
> [...]

Duncan You don't need to claim to be an expert but you sure know a
heck of a lot more than many of us! I started with Dreamweaver about a
year ago and never dreamed I would need to learn so much! It's not
something I fear learning it's just so much to learn. Man if I knew
there would be Dreamweaver while going to school many years ago I
would have spent more time paying attention. Then it was the girls,
recess and showing off. Turn 55 next month and truth is Dreamweaver is
something I want to learn as I have much need to try to sell products
and provide appealing sites. But these sites that train students are
so dam high! I have the CS5 Master Collection and seems like every
month or so everyone is coming up with better script. It is hard to
keep up! The photos on that page I had you look over are not the ones
I will be using. They are, borderless and poor. I have been so busy
trying to keep up my Heating and Cooling business I haven't had much
time to concentrate. I do Thank You for your advice and once I get a
little time to focus on these pages I will work on using your advice.
Stick around because there are a lot of us paying attention to you. I
really don't see anyone go out of their way to at least try to help
someone the way you do! Again Thank You, Jetasia